Friday, October 3, 2014

Vet check & plans for spring

Dr. Sam and her assistant arrived shortly after 10:30am - ultrasound machine in hand.  They first gave Hope a thorough exam and said that she looked pretty good.  She's probably close to two years old , her eyes and teeth looked good, and her heart rate was normal.  Dr. Sam looked closely at Hope's feet, confirmed that they were still sore but said that William had done a good job trimming them.


To my surprise, the ultrasound revealed nothing in Hope's uterus.  There is still a chance of her being newly pregnant, but it seems unlikely.  To be honest, this news made me sad... I was so looking forward to a baby lamb or two in the spring.   I was also surprised because the sheep farmer had been so sure Hope was pregnant.

But I decided to focus on the fact that aside from being neglected and mistreated, Hope was healthy.

Dr. Sam then walked around our farm and helped educate me about sheep, common diseases, and what kind of pasture space she'd require.



After they left, I decided to text Michael the news. :)

I was being funny, but the crazy part is that Michael actually agreed to letting Hope be bred!  He said he had been excited about a spring lamb too.

Of course I didn't mention that sheep often give birth to twins... (or even triplets)! Shhhh... don't tell him.  ♥


2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Terry... yes, I feel very blessed these days... .trying to focus on the positive :))

      Delete