Sunday, October 5, 2014

Secret Admirer

When I arrived at the barn after church today, someone was already in Hope's stall with her...   it was the same someone who has said over and over again, "Lucy, we are NOT getting any sheep!"

Michael had the purple halter I'd purchased in his hand.  I'd been keeping it in her stall for a couple days so she'd get desensitized to it... and I'd rubbed it on her just a few times.  I truly didn't think that Michael would get the halter on her head, but then he turned an old paint bucket over and sat down near her... and ever so slowly, he put the halter over Hope's head.  Then he smiled and she looked right into his eyes as he pet her gently... "Good girl, Hope... good girl..."


Of course now he is the self proclaimed sheep whisperer. :) Honestly, though... I'm so glad he loves her (even if he won't yet admit it). I can tell he does, and she seems to know it too. I wonder how many sheep we'll have at our farm a year from now...

2 comments :